Expression Plans and
Intentions
If we want to do something willingly
or if we want to do something in the future, we can use the expressions of
plans and intentions. These are the linguistic features of expressions of plans
and intentions:
1. It
uses simple future tense
2. It
uses would like to
Let’s we learn
the linguistic features of expressions of plans and intentions!
1.
Simple present tense
Simple future sentence is used to say something will
happen in the future. It uses will in the sentence. This is the form of simple
future tense:
( + ) subject + will + verb 1
( - ) subject + will + not + verb 1
( ? ) will + subject + verb 1
This is the use of simple future tense:
a.
It is used if there are no prior plans. We have
not decided something that we want to tell yet. Examples:
-
Let’s see, how long you will stay at home.
-
May be I will cook fried rice instead of fried
chicken
-
I think I will walk around the park tomorrow
b.
It is used to say prediction. Example:
-
The balloon will explode soon.
-
Who do you think will win the race?
There is another formula to say information in the
future, which is the use of be going to . below is the formula of be going to
( + )subject + be going to + verb 1 compliment/
object/ adverb
( - ) subject + be not going to + verb1 + complement/
object/ adverb
( ? ) be going to + subject + verb1 + complement/
object/ adverb
This is the use of be going to:
a.
It is used to say that we intend to do
something. We have made the decision of something before we told it. Example:
b.
It is used to say prediction of something. however,
what we want to say is based on the based on the evidences. Example:
-
The sky is dark. It is going to rain.
-
I broke a glass . my mom is going to scold me.
2.
Would like to
Would like to is used to say what we want, especially
making offers and requests politely. Look at the form below!
WOULD LIKE TO + Verb 1
Example :
-
I would like to invite you to the party
-
She would like to buy a book for you
-
He would like to help your brother solving the case.
-
Would you like to lift me to the main road?
-
Would you like to write a paper?
Look at the expressions below!
Asking for plans and inventions
-
What are you going to do tonight?
-
Any plan to…?
-
Are you thinking of …?
-
Is it your intention to …?
-
Do you have any intention of …?
Responses
-
I am going to
-
I would like to…
-
I am planning to…
-
I have decided
-
I am thinking of…
-
I intend to…
-
My intention is …
-
I reckon
I will…
-
It is my intention to …
Look at the following dialogue!
Jade :
“ what are you going to do tomorrow “
Lala :
“ I am going to watch a drama performance tomorrow
Jade :
“ where does it take place ?”
Lal :
“ it takes place in my campus. Do you want to watch it together ?.. It would be
an amazing drama.
Jade :
“ I want to but I would like to repair my motorcycle tomorrow. May be next
time.
Lala :
“ Alright “
Sumber
LKS KELAS X KURTILAS SEMESTER Satu
Penerbit CV Bina Pustaka
shan we heart it


0 comments:
Posting Komentar